Shamanism is a spiritual practice with ancient roots. Even today, people consult modern day shamans for practical and sensible solutions for their daily issues like professional challenges, personal illness, or family conflicts to ancestral problems.
Shamanic healing is still an unfamiliar aspect for many non-indigenous people. Treatment is individualized and based on the unique needs of the person’s illness. Shamanic healing has good support from thousands of years of practice.
Today, energy medicine school has also been offering training to people interested in learning how to become healers using ancient shamanism knowledge and modern neuroscience concepts.
Shamanistic perception about disease
The perspective about a person’s disease in shamanism differs than conventional medical point of view. According to shamanistic perception –
- Similar diseases or symptoms don’t trigger from the same basic root energetic dilemma
- Community discord is often revealed in individual ill health.
- Any sickness may possess significant energetic or spiritual issue, regardless of the form or how the illness is visible – mental, physical, relational, emotional, and spiritual
Psychological illnesses like anxiety depression, autism, ADD/ADHD, and addictions may respond well to shamanistic healing techniques.
Phases of shamanistic healing
- Accurate diagnosis of visible and invisible energies [at the root of issue]
- Performing a specific arrangement of energies necessary to resolve the root issue
Shamans direct and re-align energy to re-establish accord –
- Within an individual
- Between the individual and community
- Between the community and spirit world
Shamanistic healing is totally compatible with modern medicine as well as other treatments like homeopathy, chiropractic, traditional Chinese medicines, naturopathy, and more.